Our Love Must Make Us Strong
…so true they stabbed my heart and shaped my life
- Jackson Browne w/ Joan Baez, Before the Deluge “…and for some of them it was only the moment that mattered.”
- Loreena McKennitt, Beneath a Phrygian Sky “Our love must make us strong…the truth will set us free.”
- Simon & Garfunkel, The Sound of Silence “Silence like a cancer grows.”
- Bonnie Raitt, I Will Not Be Broken “What is living if I can’t live free? What is freedom if I can’t be me?”
- Singh Kaur, A Spark in the Night
Years roll past like boxcars at a crossing; uniform patterns dull the senses and lull the mind to wakeful sleep. A song on the radio cuts through the fog. As if they never were, the boxcars vanish, and you remember who you are, where you were going, and why it was crucial you went there.
Can you recall the artists and titles that spoke to your spirit? Would you care to share them?